Friday, July 3, 2009

The Updated Gold Cup Roster

The US, due to a rule change (it allows nations who participate in the Confederations Cup to bring 30, as opposed to 23 players to the Gold cup in that same year) has now added 7 players to it's Gold Cup roster. They are:

Altidore, Casey, Feilhaber, Clark, Kljestan, Bornstein, and Guzan.

Well, this obviously changes the lineup quite a bit, doesn't it? My new best XI would be something along the lines of:

Guzan
Cherundolo Marshall Parkhurst Bornstein
Rogers R.Clark Feilhaber Adu (playing the Donovan role)
Davies Altidore

Five out of the new eleven were not even in the squad when I made my first post... I think a change of expectations for this team is to be expected. With all these guys coming in from the Confederations Cup, probably feeling really confident right about now, expect us to get past Costa Rica in the semis like I predicted... Honestly we can probably win the Gold Cup at this point. Mexico is in tatters, Costa Rica is our closest competition. And if you ask me, the team above could handle Costa Rica.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH the Yanks are coming!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zDVenF_kEQ

No comments: