Monday, July 6, 2009

Just who exactly is Anton Peterlin?

NEWS FLASH: Everton FC have signed the latest, greatest American sensation! Anton Peterlin!



Wait, who?


Well, I've never heard of him, but then again, I don't spend a lot of time watching the USL Premier Development League. Anton was the star player for the Ventura County Fusion, a team so impressive it uses a high school's stadium for its home games. After a stellar performance, he was being courted by Chicago and San Jose, but out of nowhere (well really out of a series of mind-blowingly improbable events), David Moyes hands the kid a 10-day trial. He trains with the first team, and apparently "did not look out of place." Credit to Peterlin, he took the most of his opportunity, and now he is going from an amateur league to the fifth best team in England (yes it really is an amateur league).

Well lets, put a face to him before we get some background:


He is a 22-year old Defensive Midfielder from California who played for UC Santa Cruz and then Cal Polytech. He has dual citizenship with Denmark (cap him! cap him now! we can't lose another one!) and as correctly pointed out by many other sources, has a life story remarkably like that of the movie Goal! I wish I could write more about him, but everyone else seems as amazed by this as we are. I like the fact that Americans can be signed on pure promise now, and I hope Anton Peterlin proves Moyes right. Now, I present to you the only video that is viewable when you search Anton Petelrin on YouTube:

1 comment:

C.Real said...

Yo Giblinho, some fricken QUALITY videos you've posted here... I don't know what to say other than I thoroughly enjoyed them. Particularly the Dutch claymation. That was excellent.

Oh and props to the stanky leg. Keep it stanky!