Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Forgot to Mention...

Yes, how silly of me...Fulham haven't beaten Manchester United at home in 45 years. I believe this result CLEARLY comes as most surprising and most significant, even if I want to claim that for my Spurs. No contest.

Also, Rooney is such a punk. I'm sorry, I don't care how good he is, I would not have him on my squad. He is too volatile, and has more red cards than any forward should ever have - let alone how few of those are actually from rough play, and that they indeed come mostly from dissent. That's what you get putting a boxer on the pitch I guess.

The Fulham PK was sick nasty. However, the self-set bicycle kick to seal the deal was just disgusting. I mean come on...who do you think you are, Ronaldinho a couple years ago?

Wish I had seen the game, but the extensive hilights
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2250026/
do a very good job of capturing the game. WOW.

2 comments:

Klaus said...

How about the Fulham goalkeeper!? I believe it's around 9:20 in the posted highlights where he makes two absolutely stunning saves.

And Rooney would never make my squad. Ronaldo too, for that matter. The three yellows shown to these two great players are a perfect example of their arrogance manifesting itself out of frustration from losing. The ref also did a great job in administering his authority with cards, for once!

Giblinho said...

A few things:
1) Andriy Shevchenko was also a boxer, and I'd take him on my team.
2) Look, I know it's easy to pile on Rooney because he had an outburst. But Roy Keane and Zidane both had their fair share of petulant outbursts, and I think I'd take them on my team anyday. Javier Mascherano, one of the main reasons Liverpool is still around in the title race, petulantly got red-carded at Old Trafford last year. I wouldn't put him on a World XI, but Rooney sets up a ton of goals and is an engine for any offense, and I think it's pretty naive to say you wouldn't take him because of occasional outbursts.

As for Ronaldo, he's a twat, but a very talented one. Supremely talented, and is great for any team that can handle his personality. Sure he's hated, and with good reason, but there isn't a manager in the world who wouldn't take him on his club. Even if their outbursts somehow cost Manchester United the title (or the Champions League), their talent is the main reason they're competing for those trophies anyways.